Code of conduct
NKC Nutrition UK is run by Nicola Clarke, a UK Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
As a registered dietitian, Nicola adheres to a strict code of conduct and strives to use her knowledge and skills in an accurate and a professionally responsible manner. Nicola may outsource work to other registered dietitians or registered nutritionists, all of whom share the values as highlighted below and adhere to their professional codes of conduct.
Advice and opinions
The information given on this website and on my social media pages is aimed at the adult general public and is for information purposes only. It is not to be used as an alternative to seeking personal medical advice from your own doctor or relevant healthcare professional.
Transparency is important in social media as is ethics in any writing or reporting. I have signed up to RDs4Disclosure & RDs4Disclosure UK and have pledged to blog with integrity. This means I am bound by an ethical code of conduct and will not provide false and misleading information.
All of the opinions are purely my own and not influenced by any sponsorship, financial arrangement or compensation which may be given by a particular brand or company. Any such arrangements of compensation will be clearly marked on the content. I only accept compensation from companies that I believe in both personally and professionally.
I will not make or support unjustifiable statements relating to products or services (as per HCPC and BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations).
I adhere to the ASA UK guidelines for sponsorship and advertising.
Aim and philosophy
- My aim is to help individuals to live healthier lives by providing up-to-date evidence-based advice and information whether during a one-to-one appointment or in my blogs
- A healthy balanced diet incorporating all the food groups forms a basis of all my approaches
- I believe a healthy diet can be varied and there is no such thing as a good or bad food
- I strive to inspire and promote long-term habit changes as opposed to quick-fixes or fad diets, by encouraging individuals to make small step-by-step changes
- I aim to dispel myths and clarify contradicting information by giving straight-talking advice which is easy to understand and practical for an individual and their circumstances
- I am very passionate about what I do and always keen to work alongside other like-minded professionals to support each other and improve our practices
For more details including business address, please see Google listing or email / call Nicola on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07525939175.